MUSIC IN THE VINES
Music in the Vines is a community run, one day music festival to celebrate what the local area has to offer. It is held amongst the beautiful vineyards of Suffoir Vineyard, only 2km away from Macarthur, Victoria.
A festival with a purpose
We are a small group of people that have come together to form a not-for-profit organisation, Music in the Vines Inc., with the aim of achieving an annual music festival in Macarthur. We are all locals of the small, rural town that has a population of just over 600 people.
We consider Macarthur to be a supportive community town; the gateway to the Mount Eccles National Park/Budj Bim, and we would love to show the wider population what Macarthur has to offer. With support from the local groups and organisations, Music in the Vines Inc. can envision a music festival at a local winery and cellar door that will showcase local and international music groups to the wider community. We feel that this concept would not only inject funds into the local community, but will also put Macarthur on the map.
THE VENUE - SUFFOIR VINEYARD
Suffoir Vineyard is a boutique vineyard and cellar door in western Victoria, located close to Mount Eccles National Park. They are a family owned and operated business, with all components of the wine-making process done on the property. They offer a range of wines and craft beers for tasting, and happy to create any event to your specifications.
Pieter and Michelle Badenhorst, the farm’s owners, have generously donated the use of the farm in support of our not-for-profit organisation, so make sure you look after the farm and give them a hi-5 when you see them grooving out to the bands!
There is a wonderful area for you to explore. Participate in this world with full enthusiasm, but please respect the farm and the vineyard and please don’t damage or steal any of the vines, grapes or equipment. In fact, if you see anything that has been damaged, take a moment to report this to the security staff. Anyone venturing into restricted areas, will be escorted off the property by our wonderful security team.
food and drinks
There’s plenty of great food that will be on offer at Music in the Vines 2019. We are inviting a range of our favourite food vendors to the site, ensuring that there will be something to tickle your tastebuds.
A great festival needs great drinks, and while we cannot allow any BYO alcohol for the occasion, our bars will be stocked with well-priced drinks. There will also be FREE wine-tastings, and wine and beer sales on offer from some of the best wineries and breweries that the Henty Wine Region has to offer.
What to Bring to the festival
- Festival ticket
- Sun tan lotion
- Picnic blanket, camping chairs
- ID (Original ID documents (not photocopies) can be requested at Bar)
- CASH (Tickets can be purchased using eftpos, limited cash drawing available at the Cellar Door)
- Mark valuables with name, address and postcode so it can be posted back to you
- Food and non-alcohol beverages (unopened) for personal consumption can be brought onsite
What not to bring to the festival
- Too much stuff so you can’t take it home again
- BYO alcohol, opened drink bottles or glass containers
- Please don’t bring anything in a glass bottle (even perfume) it will be confiscated if found
- You may be searched at the entrance for any items that may be used in an illegal or offensive manner – which will be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying out illegal and/or offensive activities onsite may also be searched and face eviction. No portable laser equipment or pens are permitted
- NO animals (except registered guide dogs), sound systems, generators, sky lanterns or kites, unauthorised fireworks, or wax flares. Persons using fireworks will be evicted from site and materials confiscated. No unauthorised tape recorders, professional film or video equipment are allowed onsite. Cameras for personal use are welcome.
- Flying or filming with Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs, or so-called drones) is not allowed on site before, during or after the Festival. There will be professional, licenced UAVs on site.
Unfortunately there will not be any accommodation available at the Music in the Vines festival site itself. However, we will be running a free shuttle service between Suffoir Vineyard and Macarthur throughout the day for your convenience.
A few options to consider:
FREE* camping at the Rec Reserve, Macarthur ($10 fee apply for power sites and hot showers)
Camping at Mount Eccles National Park
Macarthur Pub accommodation
Macarthur Park Country Cottages
Seven Oaks Rural Retreat
Macarthur is a convenient and central place to stay for visitors to the region. The township has plenty to offer those seeking a rural weekend away with the local hotel, wineries and primary producers, walking trails, caves and scenic natural wonders at Mt Eccles National Park.
Nearby towns are also bustling with year-round attractions just a short drive from Macarthur. Within 40 minutes is Port Fairy with its popular beaches and bustling café and restaurant culture. Half an hour’s drive is Yambuk, with its rugged coastline and giant slide much loved by kids and Portland, the birthplace of Victoria, is less than an hour away. Also under an hour’s drive are the hubs of Warrnambool, Hamilton and Dunkeld.
Parking and shuttle services
FREE parking will be available at the Venue (Suffoir Vineyard, 144 Mount Eccles Road, Macarthur, Victoria, 3300)
A Shuttle bus will be running throughout the day, with collection points at:
Macarthur Recreational Reserve
Mount Eccles National Park
This music event would not be possible if it was not for an amazing team to make it all happen!
Festival management: Pieter Badenhorst (President), Alister Fitsgerald (Vice-president), Roger Moodie (Treasurer), Michelle Badenhorst (Secretary), Leanne Young (Music Officer), Rick Fleetwood (Vendor Officer), David Thompson (Funding Officer), Graeme Stafford , Pat Purcell (General)
Logo design: Pip Low
Web design and management: Pieter Badenhorst
Social Media: Brianna Young